The thing with me not writing is I’m either super happy, enjoying the present, or I’m super sad, barely having the energy to do anything. For the past two months, I was the latter. And I’ve had enough sad posts in my blog that I dare not write anything more.
Someone even bought me a coffee last month, leaving a message that those posts gave her comfort and she’s happy I got professional help. I’m not sure if I can name her but if she’s reading this, thank you. It’s still dark but I’m getting better at handling it. I appreciate you.
Anyway, here’s my Sunday Currently.
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I’ve been eyeing this book for years now. It’s a change of tone from the previous ones I’ve read this month but it’s going good, so far.
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. My first book this year. A 4.5 out of 5. Poignantly beautiful. I’m just not a big fan of long narratives but it’s not much of a bother. And the plot twist tho!!
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. My first 5/5 this year!! Aaaaa! I can’t find anything I dislike about this book and it’s just a wonder. Please read this!
- Lovestruck in the City. I have a love-hate relationship with this drama and yet, I can’t stop watching it. At this point, I’d like to think I’m only watching it because of Ji Chang Wook. Haha. I also realized that I like it better when I watch ongoing dramas. No pressure of finishing them asap!
- Run On. I only watch this when I’m bored but this one’s really light! No love triangle drama or anything that will make your blood boil. Lol.
if I should get the COVID vaccine as there’s a vaccination center literally down my building. UAE is giving free vaccine to its residents for months now. My Dad and Aunt already had theirs but I’m still a little scared. Hahaha! Should I?
Bath and Body Works’ scented candle. My loneliness came with new guilty pleasure and that is me getting addicted to scented candles. I can’t stop buying them now! (My new candles actually just arrived this morning….)
For a good February. Please.
That I won’t shed any more tear next month. Whew, I’ve had enough.
my little flower arrangement! I received flowers yesterday and decided to put them in a vase this time. (The used Evian bottle being the “vase.”) I usually just leave my flowers near my bed to dry but a little change in our routine won’t hurt, will it?
Also, look at this one I’ve made with resin.
The rose inside is from a bouquet I received last month after my small business got featured in our local newspaper!
to have more motivation to focus on things. I want to be able to read a book or watch something without me losing focus on it. My mind just drifts away every time and I can’t control it.
a solid peace of mind.
better. To be honest, I was ready to write a post today with the title, “Same date, same situation, only two years apart” but things got better. Hopefully.
Have a great month ahead everyone! We deserve good things. We really, really do.